I just wrote a blog 20 minutes ago. And I want so much to say I have a life and am not still sitting at my computer. But I am. So I'm making up for lost time and writing another blog. You're welcome, Meggo, and Barb, 2 people who have encouraged more blogging either directly or indirectly:) I might also be avoiding my christian novel I'm reading right now. I think christian novels are annoying and slow at times, and this opinion is being confirmed at this moment via Lori Wick.
I would like to take this time to talk about the hilariousness and usual ironicality (well it SHOULD be a word) of first impressions. Two recent activities with friends I will blog about at this time.
First, a chocolate party. With my friend Abby. She called me the morning before we got together one night and said, "can we have a chocolate party tonight?" Right, I didn't understand what that entailed either. I asked her, and she responded by saying that all it is is a get-together when we eat chocolate and tell stories that involve chocolate. So indeed it was. She brought over a chocolate bar and a pint of really chocolate ice cream. We ate dinner, then while we ate the chocolate we took turns telling our chocolate stories. It's amazing how initially you feel you have nothing to contribute until you hear someone else. After she told her story I told the story of when I stole a Peppermint Patty from the drug store and hid it in my jacket sleeve. My mom asked me where I got it and I took out that shovel and with all my might dug deeper and deeper and deeper. I ended up telling her that I had gotten it from a friend from school at lunch time. She, like a master mother, called that friend's mother and asked if she did indeed have Peppermint Patties in her bag lunch that day. That phone call was followed by a very humiliating return to City Drug, and a spanking. Character-builders, I tell you. Every one of 'em.
The first impression relevant to this story? My friend Abby. Totally intimidated me initially. And for awhile afterward. Today? LOVE that girl.
Second story: a 3.5 hour car journey to Jeffersonville, VT. Yesterday. With good friend Nicole. First impression of her? Once again, totally intimidated of her for a really long time. And then we were friends. Today? LOVE that girl.
So I brought her to her fiance's house in VT and it worked out perfectly because we could leave at the same time. This is the second time I have driven her to Vermont and every time we have such good talks the whole time! I'm not saying that they're really really deep, all of it, and I come out of it a better person. I mean, I do, but we talked about things like the wedding planning, if I liked ham or turkey better, her loving coaching soccer, and we also played the word association game when one person says a word and I say a word that first comes to mind and it keeps going back and forth. We ended playing for at LEAST 1o minutes until we had to stop because I couldn't see the road because my eyes were shutting from laughing. Grass, green, purple:) To make the day even better I stayed for dinner at Ryan's house and we had a cute little game night. Did you know they have Family Feud game on DVD? Nicole and I crushed Ryan and his dad. Until we played a second time.
First impressions might continue in the future but my father just said he "has a job for me." Up and at 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i just saw that family feud dvd game in a advertisement today and totally thought of you. : )
yes I love our car rides. Green. Purple. This blog makes me happy. So do our treks to vermont! -nicole
Post a Comment