Tuesday, November 4, 2008

10 Things That Made ME Happy Today....

First off, I'd like to dedicate this blog to Jill, for inspiring me to do this blog in the form of a "happy things of the day" list. And also for making me feel like there's one more person out there who enjoys reading my blog:)  ...Sometimes you don't really know who reads it...let alone ENJOYS reading it...

1. Election day=free small coffee at Starbucks...iced or non. I went iced.

2. Election day=free cone day at Ben and Jerry's. I was tempted to go in for another, double-fist style. But then I realized that I earned it for doing my civil duty, and I should probably stop while I'm ahead...that is, I had acted civil-y for doing my duty, why ruin it by going against the Ben and Jerry's system?

3. Getting out of work today at 1:15....2 free blocks at the end of my day? IIIiiiii'lllll take it!

4. Five minutes after my 3rd period began, another teacher put his head in and asked to take my tudee for the remainder (40 minutes) of the block. Surprise prep period for me? Again, IIIiiiiii'llll take it!

5. Talking to my brother tonight for a half-hour...should happen more often (Happy birthday Buck! ....I don't even think you read this....)

6. Seeing the young third-graded cherub boy I worked with last year....rather than, "Hi Ms. Hubbard!" or "How are you?" I get, "FINALLY, I SEE YOU!" So much more awesome than the normal, classic greeting. Then he says next, "Cursive is so easy! I already know how to make z's!" Oh, my little buddy.

7. Another one of my young cherub friends I mentioned awhile back said "tartar sauce" at LEAST 4 times today and "crud" a couple of times. I'm trying to get him to cut back on the "crud"'s...and secretly have a goal to get a LOT of "tartar sauce!"('s) out of him daily.

8. I've said it before, whole wheat couscous really does have a special place in my heart. It should be called whole wheat goodgood or whole wheat deliciousnessdeliciousness.

9. Thinking about going home this weekend and being SO EXCITED!!! I love my family! I love my home! I love my fireplace! I love Plateau Road and the 100% comfort I feel when I am there has always been taken for granted.                 I. Love. Home.

10. I know this is a list of happy things, but I can't help it. I just saw a mouse scamper across our living room and into the kitchen. And then I threw up in my mouth a little bit. Let's see...how can I make it a good thing...it didn't scamper over my feet? I didn't find it in my bed? 

CRUD!!

No but seriously, all good things come from above:) 

Oh yeah, and LOL.

3 comments:

Phebe said...

Brilliant, just brilliant. Have I mentioned that I now start my day at work with a little LOLing from this blog? Well I have, so when you skip a day, I just don't know what to do.

JillKilla said...

way to carry on the happy day blog!
love the cherub stories...
keep on bloggin' on!

Anonymous said...

I, for one, really enjoy reading your blog. And YAY! - I made the list! And who is JillKilla? Who has she Killed? I think Phebe looks funny in her picture... was it PMS? I'm signing this "Anonymous", so you'll never know who I am!

Good luck, sucker!