Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tid-Bits On My Mind....

There are some things on my mind today.

1. Firstly, the main tid-bit, which means it's not a tid-bit at all, but a huge-bit, is money. Unfortunately, money has NOT turned into hugs and high fives since I last blogged. Money still sucks. I guess the world just wasn't inspired enough from my last entry. Thanks to those who WERE:) I overdrew again. Money feels mutually about me. That grammar really is gross but it's Saturday and this is a blog, not a grad class paper.

2. Secondly, I have got to clean out my math binder and I'm-a-mature-teacher bag. I struggled yesterday with keeping things in the containers they belonged in. I like to put creamer in my coffee because black coffee tastes how that chalkboard sound tastes. So I put creamer into my to-go mug and at Landmark I fill it up with coffee. So far I've been a champ at transporting the creamer without spilling it. Yesterday, the french vanilla creamer laughed in my face as it spilled all in my mature bag. And in my math binder, and into my cell phone, and other miscellaneous important-teacher papers. Sometimes my pretending to be mature is uncovered. I'd say it was yesterday when teachers walked into the faculty lounge, only to find all my teacher stuff spread out and smelling like a french vanilla spill.  So anyway, I'm a little nervous about how that french vanilla smell might turn into old nasty dairy product smell. I have got to clean out my math binder. But don't worry, the spilling wasn't done. My lip gloss forgot to get its cap twisted back on (idiot lip gloss; all its fault) and squirted its contents into my new puffy jacket's fleece pocket. At the end of the day though, those are 2 very welcome smells, if I had a choice of a bunch. French vanilla and pink tint mint. Mmmmm.

3. Thirdly, my mom is the best. I had a hard time this morning and she is so gracious and wonderful, what with her southern-bellness, patience, and wonderfulness. I love my mom and need to stop taking her for granted. I love Arabella.

4. Fourthly, my sister is pregnant. Sometimes I forget this. And I get giddy when I remember. And then I get so proud of Betty and Francine....also, I have been thinking about her request for me to be in the delivery room with her. How freaking honored was I. But then, I've fainted too many times in surgery/hospital-type situations. Am I strong enough for this? Absolutely not. Therefore, this is why I welcome any and every gross story or scene from anyone. This is my thought: similar to how a vaccination keeps you from getting the flu or whatever, I bet I can gain immunization to fainting. I have a solid 7 months at LEAST to get my act together and become stronger in that way. So the more gory stories and surgeries I can see, the better fit I will be to be the supportive sister in the delivery room. Please "try me" in the comment section. Thanks. 

5. Fifthly, try to say fifthly five times fast.

6. Sixthly, I love alone-time. I wouldn't call myself an introvert, but I'm definitely not an extravert. Middlevert? Onthefencevert? Betweenvert?

7. Seventhly, it's a little redundant to write the number and then spell it out with -ly at the end. 

8. How the heck am I supposed to pay for my warm winter beverages when I go to Barnes and Noble or Starbucks when I suddenly find myself very much so overdrawn?

9. Thank goodness for the 18ish dollars on my Dunkin' Donuts card. I'll have to ration this out responsibly. 

10. How do people live without the hope that Jesus Christ gives us? Crap happens. The economy goes cah-poot. Living situations are suddenly an issue. People fight. People die. Cars break down. People faint. Then throw up. The president you voted for doesn't win. You don't even get politics and can't find the desire to care. Mice named Margaret live in your walls. Every wedding under the sun happens but yours. French vanilla creamer spills in your teacher bag. Loneliness. Bad moods. Overdrawn account...more than once...115 dollars in bank fees. 

Jesus gives us hope! He shows me that I can learn from these things and gain character from these things. There is a reason this all happens. But there is also reason for good things. Thanksgiving break, pregnant sisters (!), dinners out with friends, warm beverages, great co-workers and work experience, smiles, laughter, music, fuzzy croc slippers, Bible study, perfect roommate/best friend:), amazing southern God-fearing mothers, amazing wise cute fathers, happy thankful tears.

These are just some of the tid-bits on my mind today.


3 comments:

Beth said...

First of all, you're not alone in the no money club. Part of the reason why you guys haven't seen me so much is because I am on a very tight budget...don't be ashamed! You're being responsible! So what if you can't go out to eat or indulge in the little luxuries in life...that's not where we derive our happiness from.

Secondly, you have asked the right person about gross things. Let's get started!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=open+heart+surgery&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

Beth said...

Human cadaver dissection:

http://www.anatomy.wisc.edu/courses/gross/index.html

Sarah said...

i still love you.