Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Inspired by Debby Downer

As I shut my eyes, about to go to sleep, I realized that I wasn't tired. I wasn't sore from a workout (I skipped it today) and I had been in the apartment for 5 straight hours doing nothing much, and I thought to myself, "Just call me Sedentary Sally." I guess I am pretty funny even if there's no one around. 

But then I thought, "Thank you Debby Downer for the inspiration to create alliterations for how one can act in certain situations. Have you ever seen that skit on Saturday Night Live? Debby Downer is a character that, whatever the situation, heck it could be the best thing that's ever happened, can make it into a not-so-great situation. She pessimistic and not fun to be around. Hence, the "Downer" part of her name. 

Then I thought, I'm not very tired. So here I am, again, blogging. Looking at the computer screen rather than getting the sleep that I need to teach these cuh-razy kids everyday. And to yell at the kids that cut through my practices. And I thought....

Today I have been many names. 
-This morning I was Anxious Annie when I saw that my car insurance took a heck of a lot more money out of my account than they usually do (WHAT THE HECK IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM WITH MY MONEY THESE DAYS!?!? LEAVE A GIRL ALONE!!!!), leaving me with just enough to not go overdrawn, unless some other equally stupid business wants to mess with me. Hugs and high fives, I can't reiterate it enough...
-When I was packing for school, and practice, and a workout I became Overwhelmed Ollie because it's just hard to think about all those things. 
-Then I was Wishful Wendy, thinking about how great it would be to call in a "mental-health" day and just do nothing but get things done. 
-During the school's "milkbreak" (instead of snack time it's called milk break...it's a Landmark thing) I was Zany Zelda because I was so overwhelmed and rushed to get a lot of things done but I was due to class and a case manager was trying to talk to me. Actually, I was Zany Zelda lots today...busy day.
-Third period I turned into Frustrated Francie because I was getting impatient waiting for my precious pie to process the directions I had given him. Over and over and over, like a broken record.
-At lunch I was Where-To-Draw-The-Line Winifred (shout out to my grandmother..heeyyyyy...who doesn't read this...thank goodness. I think she'd be shocked) because I know it's important to take time for myself and eat lunch in a calm fashion, but then I just want to shove food down my throat and go plan. So I was trying to remind myself to slow down and not look so much like a garbage disposal.
-During eighth period I was Charge-Ahead Charlie because there was so much I could do but at the same time had to think about practice, and was just in a spot where I didn't know what to do. But I could have easily sat there and cried, overwhelmed with work. But I didn't. I did what my name is.
-During practice, as I hope you all know since you read it already, I was No-Nonsense Nancy. See my last blog if you don't know what I'm talking about. You could also go with Hollering Henrietta, Red-in-the-Face Rudy, Fuhgettaboutit-Freddi, or maybe The-*^#%$@-You're-NOT-Going-Through-My-Practice *^@(#$^#&. I don't know how you would pronounce that one though, so you can have your pick of any of the others.
-When I was getting out of my car and only then realizing that I had left my beloved iPod at school so I was going to have to workout without music, I became, without hesitation, Going-Home-Without-Feeling-Bad-Because-I-Deserve-It Glenda.
-Putting on my light blue Vermont sweatpants and fuzzy crocs, I was Comfy-Cozy Carol.
-When I took out the rest of my gallon of Breyer's vanilla ice cream I was Bittersweet Betty, because I was psyched, but at the same time REALLY sad it was almost all gone.
-All night (5 hours straight) I was Technology Theresa, because again, as I mentioned in my last blog, it sometimes takes over my life. Like right now, for example.
-And now, friends, I find myself regretting being the likes of Sedentary Sally. Because I'm not sure how long it will take me to fall asleep but I don't have a hard workout or an active mind from the night to thank for an easy time falling asleep.

I dare you to be a Comment Connie. DARE YOU.

3 comments:

guinevere in morocco said...

Jaq! you are the funniest person alive! I was laughing out loud at my desk...taking a break from piles of paper grading

JillKilla said...

This is like one of your best blogs ever...heck it's one of anyone's best blog ever... you are Blogging Belinda and Awesome Annie. and Funny Francie.

Phebe said...

Jaquelin Jokester, you are Fiona Funny and I can't wait to see you at home, being both Victoria Veg and Sally Spin.