Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Really Happy Happenings...

So I was thinking as I was reading my blog (yes I do read my own blog) that WOW I was Debby Downer when I last wrote. And I apologize. No one deserves to listen to my complaining. I shall now make up for that in right now's blog. Hence, the title. Some great things that happened today...

-I appreciated how awesome and cute my "tartar sauce" tutee is again. He really is precious and I'm sad that I only get to spend 47 minutes a day with him.

-I found out that YAYYYY! I am covered in the car insurance department even though I haven't sent in some sort of confirmation. So it turns out I will NOT have to fork over dolla dolla bills ya'll. Thank you Jesus. Maybe this was Jesus' way of giving me hugs and high fives.

-Probably THE highlight of the day was today around 10:15ish I found out that my grad class was cancelled. The one that takes up 3 hours of my precious life every Tuesday afternoon. And we don't even have to make it up!

-There's a girl on my team named Jessa and today I found out that I am jealous of her name.
Me: Hey Jessa?
Jessa: Yessa?
Me: Whoa whoa whoa, did you just say yessa?....because it rhymes with Jessa?
Jessa: Yeah.
Me: Do you do this a lot or was this a one-time deal sort of thing?
Jessa: Yeah I do it often.
Me: Fantastic. I am officially jealous of your name.

-Biggest Loser was on. Enough said.

-Okay so this is so backwards but I'm glad my bag was stolen from me tonight.  I definitely see God working in all this that has happened recently. On the way to spinning tonight I was actually thinking about how negative I've been about being overdrawn, hitting a car, blah blah. And then I thought that I needed to be more optimistic and look for the good things in the seemingly stupid stupid things. And BAM if something stupid didn't happen a half an hour later!? During spinning someone stole my bag from the cubbies at the YMCA. Now, it seems as though it has really been a long string of things recently and it should just stop. I KNOW God was working in me because when I found out my bag had been stolen I immediately thought about it in a positive way. For example, the only things in the bag were a pair of sweatpants and my running shoes. In other words, no iPod, no wallet, no money, no cell phone, no car keys. Shoes and pants. That's it. I think about losing my iPod and it makes me want to go find the nearest ditch and just sit there. Or....something...(?) I thought about friend Meggo and how she once told me she doesn't care about her car being stolen, just her iPod. So that's why she always takes her iPod out of her car when she gets out. Perfect illustration of how I feel about my iPod. Take my car; my credit cards, heck, throw me in a van and take me. Just don't take my iPod! Is that messed up? Well, there you go, I love my iPod.
So would I have a glass-half-full attitude if my iPod was in that bag? Honestly, no. My glass would be empty and I'd be sitting in that ditch all alone. So I still have some work to do. But again, God was totally in the situation tonight.

First bball game tomorrow as coach....that's so funny, right!?

-

2 comments:

Phebe said...

Good one today, man. (Does Buck know about your blog? I'm pretty sure he'd not only be a huge fan of it because it is, let's face it, SO FUNNY, but I'm fairly confident he'd be a follower too.) Why am I up at 2:33 am? Not sure. Pregnancy? Being stressed about not getting up early enough to get Mom to the airport on time? Worrying that she's trying to get in touch with me when I left my phone at the office? Why am I rambling? Because it's 2:33 am?

That was interesting. You can blog about that if you want to. xo

Sarah said...

I would come keep you company in your ditch :)