It's called Team in Training. It has taken over my life, which is totally fine because I love it, but suddenly I find myself deciding between the training route, or the fundraising route. I'm supposed to be running or cross-training Monday through Friday. I'm also supposed to raise something like, oh yeah, 4,300 dollars. Wouldn't that be neat if it were 4,300 pennies? Hugs and high fives? Gum wrappers? But no, we're going with dollars.
I think I've done an okay job of balancing which route to go day-by-day but there is a feeling of guilt that has taken its residence in my head and my heart since the day I initiated a "big" event for fundraising, happening in mid-April. This feeling of guilt will remain in me until the event is over and done with (already looking forward to that day...hopefully at this time I will be taking my share...3 of use are doing it together...and will be satisfied with how far it brings me to my goal). Some days I feel it more than others. Like, on days when I do nothing, meaning no fundraising and no workout, that's the ultimate guilt. If I do a workout rather than fundraising, I feel less guilt because at least I trained. If I fundraise, I feel pretty darn good. The thing is, though, the feeling returns the next day. It's a vicious cycle. Thing is, I don't mean to complain...I'm really excited about being a part of TNT because it's so great that I can do this for myself but at the same time, the fight against cancer is so much harder and it's really humbling. I can't say that from experience, but I've heard about and met some great people who have been through all the crap that comes with having cancer. They're amazing!
I guess it's just that, well, I can always do better. And my mentor, bless his little heart, says that with my "pretty face" I have the potential of doing really well asking for donations. But I don't so much have the force that's required. Ugh.
So in summary, my two main routes every day at 3pm are workout or fundraise. But then sometimes I'm thrown a curveball and my famous friends are on Oprah, or watching television and popping some popcorn and calling it a day is tempting, or...I have to do grad school work or Landmark work. Or...you get my drift.
Let's talk about some awesome things...
*My friends are famous...
*My sister is preggo and is due July 16th...
*I have a really exciting April and May I think...
-My preggo sister is coming to visit like 23 times.
-I am going home for Easter.
-I am going home again for Preggo's baby shower (which also is a curve ball sometimes...I should probably help plan it, no?!).
-In May I am taking part in the annual Dodd Memorial Day Weekend camping trip for the 4th year in a row...LOVE IT!!!
-OBVIOUSLY the marathon May 31st:)
-AND I get to go to the Outer Banks for the Hubbard vacation late June...AND Amy is coming. So far, anyway.
*And the last thing that is awesome? I am blogging again. Actually, you all know that I shouldn't jump to conclusions.
MUAH!!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE ONE AND ONLY AMY DODDDDDDD:)
1 comment:
Jaq, I don't think you should worry too much about fund raising. You will raise enough money because you are very responsible and God loves you. Also you are doing really well blogging! Keep up the good work! Look at you go! JAQ!!!!
Post a Comment