*Last weekend I bought some black boots, and I mean black boots that go up past your calves. The ones that, depending on what one wears them with, can look trashy, or can look professional. So I bought them, trying to continue to climb that mature-look ladder. I brought the pair of prized possessions home and immediately began to try them on with different skirts in my closet. And nothing worked. Darn. Does this mean I need to look for a new skirt? Looking mature is SO HARD.
*My parents are officially more wild and crazy than I am. I got HOME home last night and my parents stayed up later than me. I got up at 6am and my mom followed soon after. My dad walked out of his bedroom about 2 hours later. Have I mentioned that I am an old woman stuck in a 24 year old's body? Yes? Well. Case in point.
*You know that saying, touche? I am REALLY good at knowing when to say it when appropriate, but if asked to explain its meaning, I'd have no idea.
*Speaking of pretending to know things that I don't, I am an actor every day at my job. For example, my job is all about words. Reading words, spelling words; words, words, words. Sometimes I don't know what the words mean and sometimes my tudees ask me what those words mean. After awhile, trying to cover up the fact that I had NO CLUE of the definition got really tiring, because I'd change the subject and while he/she was busy doing something else I'd non-chalantly look up said word in the dictionary and conveniently (and out of the blue) explain the definition of the word inquired about 20 minutes ago. Well, I realized that every time I did this my heart would beat faster and my sweat glands would begin to act up. So now I just use the ole line, "well, why don't you be the teacher and I'll be the student....let's practice your dictionary skills and you can read the definition to me." Works like a charm and they think that I know it, I just want them to further their alphabetizing skills. Suckers.
*It's really hard to feel the baby kick in Phebe's tummy. When I imagine feeling my future niece's/nephew's kicks, I think about this pristine scene (how's that for a cute little rhyme) and Phebe and I are smiling cheesily at each other. My hand is placed oh-so-gently upon her ever-growing tummy and I feel kicks for a solid 8 minutes. While I feel these kicks I am laughing gaily, head turned upwards. We are in our Sunday best and we are looking glamorous. Oh and this is amidst Phebe and I drinking out of delicate tea cups. Well, let me set the true obscene scene (not as good a rhyme but still quite an attempt). Phebe and I have just eaten a double-portion of ice cream (as we Hubbards are known to do...although one of us, and I'm not saying who, has a good excuse to do this now) and we are both in our sweats. Phebe needs to get home but she really wants me to feel the babe kick so she sticks around but we're both getting tired. Her legs are on my lap and my hand is practically making a dent in her stomach because of the pressure I'm putting on her stomach. Which, I guess, isn't necessary. Every 20 minutes, or so it seems, she makes a little "oh" sound and looks at me in anticipation of my exclamation, "I felt it!!" But I just look back at her with an increasingly frustrated look. Baby's kicks can get confused with the mother's breathing. I get up because I have to go to the bathroom and when I get back it's reported that the baby kicked lots and lots while I was gone. It's really just very hard. I'm just saying. So, feeling defeated, I kiss her tummy and walk away. Maybe tomorrow.
*Okay okay I admit it. Right now I'm blogging. You know what else I'm doing? I'm NOT running 14 miles like I'm supposed to be doing right now. I'm, let's see...procrastibloginating. On that note, I'm off to go fill my fuel belt with water in 2 bottles, a Dairy Queen blizzard in one bottle, and peanut butter M&Ms in another. SUCH a great suggestion and it totally works! That's a blog-out to B.
Happy Easter everyone. Yay for Jesus being risen!!!! Take that, Satan. Truest sucker of 'em all.
2 comments:
Jaq, touche is a fencing term to acknowledge that you've been hit :)
"procrastibloginating" - thank you for inventing this word! I love it! haha! :)
Post a Comment