1. The day after Rubes was born we did what any sisters and infant would do. We had a photo session together. Me, Pheebs, Rubes. Nothin' stops her.
2. When I sort of kiddingly asked her if she'd like to come see me in Massachusetts for a weekend (we do this often but I assumed that what with a human life depending on her, she'd opt out) she said, "oh yeah, your roommates would really love that," to which I reminded her of my crazy housesitting responsibilities. She spent a long weekend with me and Rubes and Nema (Arabella's grandma name) in Massachusetts. Nothin' stops her.
3. While she was visiting, fortunately the house had a pool, so we were able to take FULL advantage of that situation. Even before I did this, out of the blue, she ran full-speed up to the pool's edge, jumped in and yelled, "CANNONBALL!!!!" I hands-down gave her a 10. This is 3ish weeks post labor. Nothin' stops her.
4. The Best Moment Since Rubes' Birth. Last night we had a lovely early celebration for my birth at the Olive Garden. We were driving afterward to the grocery store (for obvious reasons: ice cream) and Ruby was quite upset because she was so hungry. Phebe and I were in the back seat on either side of Rubes'. So we wouldn't have to stop, like normal, boring mothers do, she took off her seatbelt, yanked out a boob, leaned over Rubes, and fed her. Meanwhile her face was right next to me and she says, "So Jaquelin, how was the drive?" My father connected the emergency access of the boob to Rubes to the oxygen masks that pop out of the ceiling in airplanes in emergencies. I laughed so hard I was crying. Nothin' stops her.
I hope, although am pretty sure I will not be able, to be half as freaking awesome as Phebe is as a mother.
1 comment:
Your sister sounds pretty awesome! :) I was definitely NOT doing cannonballs three weeks after birth (I feel like I could barely walk three weeks after - stupid five hours of pushing!) but I do have to see I can relate to nursing in the car! You gotta do what you gotta do! Hope you're having fun in VT (aren't you there this week??).
Post a Comment